topbella

Thursday 22 April 2010

HANDS

Jane took this picture during our prayer with mom. She told me, "see! three hands, three generations - grandma, mother and daughter".
Looking at these hands, it reminds me a lot of the past.
I remember mom's hands when she was busy sewing. She sewed countless of "baju kurung" just to earn a living to keep her children survived. She cooked wonderful delicious "nyonya" food for us and till now I still can't get anyone else to cook "nyonya" food as nice as hers. Her hands never stopped working even how tired she was.
For almost ten years, mom can only move one side of her hands. The hands used to be strong and fleshy are now thin and wrinkled with bones and greenish veins.
These were the hands that once lifted me up, to face life with courage and determination. The strength of her hands had led to who I am today.
Mom, I will use the power of my hands as well as you used yours to lift up my children.
I will hold your hands tight when I pray for you as I feel that prayer is the most important thing that you need right now.
Let's hold our hands tight as a touch of love and don't let go even I know well that one day I still have to let go.
posted by : Ellepo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Elle's Family© Diseñado por: Compartidisimo