topbella

Monday 5 April 2010

Learn to accept "ageing"

Recently, I notice my body changes. It becomes weaker and slower. I have gained fat and lost bone mass. My face wrinkled and I start to have grey hair. I take a longer time to learn new things and my memory becomes less effective. I repeat the same saying over and over without realising it. Worse still, I faced challenge to my health related to age. Let me be frank, I was frightened. In fact, the first thing I did was panic.
Oh! I am growing old.
One of my colleagues told me : "Mdm, cakaplah kamu berusia ataupun berpengalaman, jangan selalu cakap sendiri sudah tua".
Ya, that sounds better. The experiences that I gained through the journey of my life are valuable lessons for the future. They help me to think, to develop my potential and to shape my attitude.
I can't deny the fact that I'm growing older each day but I want to grow old in my own unique way. I think our mind plays an important role in making us feel younger or older. It's important to remain cheerful all the time. Age hardens our arteries but we should not allow age to harden our mind. We have to keep our mind working as the saying goes "an idle mind is the devil's workshop".
It is a help to have friends who are in similar conditions and in the same age group. There'll be so much in common to share, to discuss and to help solve. LJ, Cil P, Cil N, Chang and a lot more whom I can't mention them one by one here, you are one of those special people. Thanks for being my friends.
It is also important to be able to mix with the young and have the ability to feel comfortable in their company.
Age makes everything different for everyone.
Anyway, our life is not over yet. Think of all the great things we can do like travelling and do take care of ourselves, sleep, rest, eat right and do some light exercises.
Let's hold our hands tight and combat the signs of ageing. Fight it all the way.
CHEERS!

posted by: Ellepo

1 comment:

  1. Cheers and + u Ellepo!!! =)You can do it... Be strong and tough... Stay happy!

    ReplyDelete

 
Elle's Family© Diseñado por: Compartidisimo