topbella

Monday 31 May 2010

Embracing Imperfection

Feeling sad and emo over something that happened last weekend, it made me recall this incident...
I still remember that time I was about the age of ten...
Jee was not feeling well and pa prepared for dinner...
I remember that evening in particular because that dinner was prepared by pa after a long, hard day at work.
Pa placed a plate of burnt egg omelette in front of Jee. I was waiting to see if Jee noticed. Yet all Jee did was smiled at pa and asked me how my day was at school.
I couldn't recall what I told her but I do remember watching her finished up the egg omelette.
When I got up from the table, I heard pa apologised to Jee for burning the eggs.
I'll never forgotten what Jee said : Don't worry pa, I love burnt eggs!
Later that night, I went to kiss Jee good night and I asked her if she really liked the burnt egg. She hugged me and said : your papa had a hard day at work and he's really tired. A little burnt omelette won't hurt anyone! Life is full of imperfect things and imperfect people. I'm also not the best housekeeper or cook.
What I've learned from Jee is "Learning to accept each other's faults and differences is very important in order to create a healthy, growing and lasting relationship - the same goes to whatever type of relationships".
An internal injury takes place if I only remember the love and time that I had put in and all the hurts that I'd received.
I don't want to put my happiness in someone else's pocket but into my own. I am the one having the power to choose. No one can force me to feel how I want to feel.
I choose to forgive, forget and to accept.
People will always forget what we have done or said, but they will never, ever forget how the way we have made them feel - both good and bad.

Posted by : Wing

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Elle's Family© Diseñado por: Compartidisimo